Overview Of Qooper Mentorship App
When you register and join Qooper, you become a “User”.
Qooper is an interactive community for mentors, mentees, employees, alumni, students, and members to access and engage in mentoring, learning and organization engagement activities. Users may chat, video call, create or complete assignments, video call, schedule meetings, create and complete learning resources, engage with events, news and announcements.
We collect different types of personal data through Qooper. Users may provide personal data to us through the service in a number of different ways, from registration to communications, or when creating learning resource within Qooper.
Account registration: Basic account information that you provide to us when setting up a user account, consist of your email address, first name, last name, current organization, current position, location (city), summary, skills, and availability for the program.
Other optional information: You may, optionally, choose to provide your age, gender, ethnicity, and, profile picture.
Platform content: You may chat, video call, create or complete assignments, video call, schedule meetings, create and complete learning resources, engage with events, news and announcements.
Metrics, maintenance, and analytics: When you access or use Qooper Mentorship App or the Learning Platform, we may collect certain information automatically about your device and your use of Qooper Mentorship App. We collect information about the frequency and duration of chat usage, meeting scheduler updates, assignment and completion of action items, creation, and consumption of learning content, RSVP to events, Likes for news and updates to profile information.This information is collected automatically through the use of various commonly used information-gathering technologies.
Our Platform does not process sensitive data. Qooper does not allow and does not knowingly solicit or collect, and you should not provide, any information regarding financial, medical or health condition, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or other sensitive or special categories of data.
Use Of Information
We may use the information we collect through the Service for a range of reasons, including:
- Mentor-Mentee matching: The mentor’s and mentee’s profile information are used for matching purposes. The optional diversity information, location, mentee goals, mentor past experiences, mentee interests, mentor specialties are used to create the best mentoring relationships possible.
- Mentor-Mentee tracking: Through the frequency and duration of chat and video call usage, meeting scheduling, assignment and completion of action items, completion of learning resources, the program managers understand which mentoring relationships are active and useful, which ones are inactive.
- Measurements: The tracked activity explained in the above, “Mentor-Mentee tracking” section, with the addition of event and news engagement, are graphed for mentoring program managers to evaluate the overall health of the program and improve the program outcomes through the use of data.
- To support any claim, defense or declaration in a case or before any jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration, or mediation panel.
- Or in connection with disciplinary actions/investigations.
Information We Share
There are sometimes circumstances where we are required by law to disclose personal data to third parties such as public bodies or judicial authorities:
- To law enforcement authorities, government agencies, or judicial courts. We may be required to disclose personal data that we handle in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, in connection with the sale, transfer, merger, bankruptcy, restructuring or other reorganization of our business; to protect or defend our rights, interests or property, or that of third parties; to investigate any wrongdoing in connection with the Website, our Platform or our services;or in connection with a subpoena, warrant, discovery or other legal order.
- With your consent.. We may share other information with third parties when we have your consent to do so.
Third Party Websites
Qooper may contain links to other websites and services that are outside our control and are not covered by this Policy.
We are committed to processing your data in a secure manner, by putting in place specific technical and organizational measures to prevent the personal data we hold being accidentally or deliberately compromised.
We conduct information risk assessments and we ensure that our staff understands the importance of protecting personal data. We include both physical security and IT security in our overall data security approach. We are diligent in selecting vendors that process personal data on our behalf so that they also ensure appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the data. We also integrate privacy in the design of our projects that involve the use of personal data in order to secure the information and implement the aforementioned principles. We will provide support to organizations in their duty to notify individuals and regulatory authorities, as required by law, when personal data has been stolen, disclosed, altered or infringed by an unauthorized person. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy or if you are aware of a potential breach, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in the EEA, UK, and Switzerland you have certain privacy rights recognized under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for instance, the right to request access to information, rectification, or erasure.
Right to access, and correct your personal data: You may access, or correct, the information you have uploaded to Qooper by using the tools within the Platform. If you do not see the tools within the Platform, please contact us at email@example.com. Changes on Qooper take immediate effect on your specific network, but data will be retained by us in our backup systems for a commercially reasonable amount of time, typically 90 days.
Account closure and right of erasure: If you would like to stop using Qooper, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you can also request:
- Account closure and delete identifiable information: In general, account closure means that your name and other identifiable information (including your photo, if provided) will be deleted and not available to us or other Users of Qooper. Your past frequency of chat, video call, meetings, assignments, learning content, events and news engagement will not be deleted since they have contributed to program data.
- Deletion of content: Please note that content you create and share may remain on Qooper and be accessible even if we deactivate or terminate your account. In this way, content you provide on the service is similar to other types of content (such as learning resources or file uploads) that you may generate in the course of your work.
Information viewable within Qooper will be deleted within 30 days upon receiving your request, in any case complete removal of data stored on our backup systems, will happen in a commercially reasonable period of time, typically 90 days.
Dispute Resolution Procedure
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or other lawful purposes.
In general, closure or deletion of your User account will not result in the deletion of your personal data. If you would like to erase your personal data in addition to deleting your account, please contact us at email@example.com with this specific request.
Updates To This Policy
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about this policy or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of your personal data through the Platform, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us at:
Qooper Mentoring Software by Cognata Technologies, LLC.
211 W Wacker Dr, Fl 3
Chicago, IL 60606
Please provide your identification and contact details, and a complete explanation of your concern.
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com.