2. Information Collected
Qooper collects different types of personal data from the Platform. Users and Organizations may provide personal data through the platform in a number of different ways from sign-up to communications or when uploading content within the Platform.
2.1 Information we collect through our Sites, including contact us forms, resource downloads, email sign-ups, Qooper Mentorship App and when you become a User, at various points throughout your use of the Services.
2.2 Information users provide directly to Qooper when they use the Platform, including contact information, email, a photo of your choice, first name, last name, job title, organization, date of birth (optional), gender(optional), ethnicity(optional), location, and mentor availability.
Users may choose not to submit the information required to achieve a successful mentoring relationship. In this case, Qooper’s functionality will be limited.
2.3 Information automatically collected from users use of Services, including number and frequency of messages sent, the length and duration of video calls, the frequency of in-person meetings, the frequency of assignments, frequency of goal and interest updates, event engagement, news engagement, learning completion rates and skill areas, meeting notes.
2.4 Cookies and analytics tools
- Technical data such as device data, IP address, browser type
- Usage data such as time spent on sites, pages visited, and links clicked.
2.5 Program Manager’s Log
Qooper’s Admin Dashboard for the program managers collects which admin did matching activity, and published events/news/learning/announcements.
2.6 Our platform does not process sensitive data
Qooper does not allow and does not knowingly solicit or collect, and you should not provide, any information regarding an individual’s financial, medical or health condition or other sensitive or special categories of data.
3. Use of Information
Qooper collects information to match mentors and mentees successfully, to show program measurements, to show the success rate of mentor-mentee matches and overall health of the program.
The end user data is collected so that program managers can track the activity levels in their programs, detect inactive users, and understand the user activities to ensure the best mentoring experience.
Program manager’s log is collected so that the organization can keep track of which program manager took which action for matching or publishing.
The collected information is solely the property of the Customer and is not shared by any other organization. The Customer can access and export their data any time by contacting Qooper team and requesting an export until such functionality is automated on the platform.
Qooper does not send any emails or marketing materials directly to the end-users of the platform or disclose the end user lists to third parties.
4. Information We Share
- With your Organization and according to their instructions to show the activities in communication, mentoring, engagement and learning to improve the programs and to provide personal attention. However, the Organization does not have access to the content of the communication.
- With other Users within the Platform: If you’re communicating with other users and creating content for them, only the users you share this information with will have access to view the content of the communication, mentoring, and learning.
- Qooper may disclose personal data only to governmental agencies:
- If required to do so by law, regulation, or court order.
- To respond to governmental and/or law enforcement requests.
- To identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with Qooper’s rights or property.
- To support any claim, defense or declaration in a case or before any jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration, or mediation panel.
- Or in connection with disciplinary actions/investigations.
5. Processing of Personal Data Under GDPR for EU residents
For the purposes of accessing Qooper, you will be required to use an invite code, your email, and password. You are responsible for the security and confidentiality of your password and login information.
We conduct information risk assessments and we ensure that our staff understands the importance of protecting personal data. We include both physical security and IT security in our overall data security approach. We are diligent in selecting vendors that process personal data on our behalf so that they also ensure appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the data. We also integrate privacy in the design of our projects that involve the use of personal data in order to secure the information and implement the aforementioned principles.
We will provide support to Organizations in their duty to notify Users and regulatory authorities, as required by law, when personal data has been stolen, disclosed, altered or infringed by an unauthorized person. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy or if you are aware of a potential breach, please contact us.
7. Data Retention
Please refer to the Service Level Agreement (SLA) (https://qooper.io/terms-of-service) Exhibit A, Section 5 in Qooper Terms of Service for our policies on data retention and backup.
Qooper maintains end user and program manager data as long as:
- The duration of the agreement.
- Until the Customer requests the deletion of the data.
You have the right to access, and edit, and delete your information through Qooper.
8. Information About International Transfers
When using the platform your personal data may be stored and processed by us in the United States. To provide appropriate safeguards for personal data we receive from the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK), and Switzerland, we are certified under the Privacy Shield framework.
For personal data we receive from the EEA, UK and/or Switzerland, Qooper is awaiting certification with the U.S. Depratment of Commerce under the U.S. Provacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
If you are one of our customers and the use of our Platform requires Qooper to process personal data falling within the scope of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Qooper’s Data Processing Addendum is here.
9. Your Choices
If you are located in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland you have certain privacy rights recognized under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for instance the right to request access to information, rectification, or erasure.
This section explains how Qooper assists your Organization in fulfilling your privacy rights established under the GDPR law. We only complete the actions below when they are approved by your organization.
- Right to access, and correct your personal data: You and your Organization may access, or correct, information you have uploaded to the Platform by using the tools within the Platform. If you do not see the tools within the Platform, you should contact your Organization directly. Changes on the Platform take immediate effect on your specific network, but data will be retained by us in our backup systems for a commercially reasonable amount of time, typically 90 days.
- Account closure and delete identifiable information: In general, account closure means that your name and other identifiable information (including your photo, if provided) will be deleted and not available to us, your Organization or other Users of the platform - your name will be changed to an “anonymous user”. Your engagement data on communication, mentoring and learning will not be deleted, but those will no longer be linked to you.
- Deletion of content: Please note that content you create and share is owned by your Organization and may remain on the Platform and be accessible even if your Organization deactivates or terminates your account. In this way, the engagement and content you create on the service is similar to other types of content that you may generate in the course of your involvement in the Organization.
Information viewable by Users within the Platform will be deleted within 30 days upon receiving your request, in any case complete removal of data stored on our backup systems, will happen in a commercially reasonable period of time, typically 90 days.
10. Dispute Resolution Procedure
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
In the event that you cannot fully resolve your complaint through the Department of Commerce, it is possible that you may use binding arbitration as a final resort. For more information on how to invoke arbitration under the Privacy Shield Framework, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
11. Updates To This Policy
12. Contact Qooper
Qooper Mentoring Software by Cognata Technologies, LLC.
211 W Wacker Dr, Fl 3
Chicago, IL 60606